December 3 - December 16, 2005
Please note: China is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. For example, we will meet Sophie on Monday morning in China which is actually Sunday evening in the U.S..
- Saturday, Dec. 3 Depart for China at 9:23 a.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 4 Arrive in Beijing(via Detroit and Tokyo) at 9:15 p.m.; Total Time in Air = 19 hrs.
- Monday, Dec. 5 Morning flight to Nanchang, Jiangxi Province: Meet Sophie Rae.
- December 6-8 Paperwork, Sightseeing, Shopping, & Possible Trip to Orphanage
- Friday, Dec. 9 Afternoon flight to Guangzhou
- Saturday, Dec. 10 Sophie's Medical Exam
- Sunday, Dec. 11 Filling out Consulate Forms
- December 12-13 Down Time (. .ahem! . . SHOPPING!)
- Wednesday, Dec. 14 Consulate Appointment at 11:00 a.m. (guide goes to represent us)
- Thursday, Dec. 15 Pick up Sophie's Visa at 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 16 Depart from Guangzhou at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, Dec 16 Arrive Washington Dulles at 3:33 pm.; Total Time in Air = 17.5 hrs.
Return Flight Info: Northwest Airlines -- Flight 1406, departing from Detroit at 2:02 p.m. and arriving at Washington Dulles at 3:33 p.m.
We welcome you to "meet and greet" us at the airport! Please be sure to check the flight times to ensure we will be on time! If we get bumped off a flight, we will try to have an email sent to update you.
We will go through customs in Detroit so there shouldn't be much delay once we arrive at Dulles. Hope to see you there!