We were so very fortunate to to receive Jillian into our care relatively healthy!!
Jillian is great at sharing! She shares her Cheri0s. She shares her Baby for kisses. And, she shares all sorts of colds, sore throats with her Mom and Dad!!
Since starting daycare over the summer, we've been taking turns passing around cold after cold, runny noses and several boxes of tissues, all courtesy of the wonderful world of daycare!!
Christmas week, Jillian passed on a nasty little bug complete with aches and pains and flu type symptoms to her Daddy. Just as John was feeling better, Jillian passed her little runny nose to me along with said aches and pains. Over the next week we were all feeling better.
As Jillian just appeared to have a runny nose with no other apparent symptoms, things came to a head over the last week and a half. She had several nights waking up crying and had some coughing. She was content to be held, however, would not go back to sleep. Quite unusual for Jillian who sleeps through the night. Now, I get a severe sore throat along with laryngitis - so the sleepless nights are not helping. Surely, if I feel as bad as I know I do, Jillian must feel just as bad - yet she bounces back to her normal self while at daycare.
We make a trip to the pediatrician on Tuesday, low and and behold, Jillian has her second known ear infection and needs antibiotics.
I say second known only because there is always a possibility of her being sicker than she appears. She never really indicates symptoms of being sick which sometimes makes me a little nervous. Her appetite doesn't really change. She doesn't pull at her ears. This time around with the ear infection, she was only waking up at night crying, and although soothed would not go back to sleep for sometimes several hours.
We have a follow up with our pediatrician in a couple of weeks, then it will be time to make another follow up with the pediatric ear nose and throat specialist.
Last time we were at the specialist, they suggested there would be a possibility of tubes. It looks like that that possibility will most likely will be a probability. We have to wait for the infection to clear up first, and take it from there.