We celebrated John's 43rd birthday with our first week-long stay at our new log cabin Bluebird Hill on October 14-21. Highlights were:
- relaxing in front of our first crackling fire;
- seeing the dramatic change of colorful fall foliage and gorgeous mountain views;
- starting a new family tradition called Letterboxing (check out www.letterboxing.org);
- eating fried pies in Meadows of Dan;
- meeting new neighbors and friendly shopkeepers;
- discovering a neat country church in Fancy Gap, VA;
- getting our new log bed;
- visiting the Alpaca Farm on the Blue Ridge Parkway;
- picnicing at a great playground in Hillsville;
- watching the wildlife right outside our cabin;
- getting away to our mountain retreat as a family!
Please check out our pictures! If you would like to take a closer look at any of them, just click on the image and it will be enlarged.