Wow...life with four kids is busy. I can't believe that we are nearing the end of February. Where have the first two months of the year gone? Suddenly the calendar is filling up with all kinds of activities. Baseball drafts are right around the corner, the girls are preparing for dance recitals, swimming lessons start soon for the little ones and the list goes on and on!
Bailey has really settled in nicely in our family. She is very sweet, silly and entertaining. She loves to make others laugh and her facial expressions keep us in stitches. Her language has blown us away! She is singing her alphabet and Sunday school songs, counting, naming shapes and a few of the colors. She loves going to Sunday school and Mother's Day Out, playing dress up and coloring with Brea. The two of them get along well 95% of the time and fight like all siblings the other 5% of the time. I've learned that two quiet little girls means that there is mischief in the making...like toys in the toilet or dozens and dozens of books pulled off the book shelf in their room. Would I trade the mischief and messes for a tidy room and quiet afternoons? No way!
Brea has really blossomed in the last few months. All of a sudden she is coloring in the lines, writing her name, tracing her numbers and letters and mastering things that have taken years to learn...like skipping and hopping on one foot. She will start kindergarten in the fall and she is ready! She is VERY excited about it...me, not so much.
Baker is gearing up for baseball drafts in a few weeks. He is a reading machine and has already read the book that I gave him for Valentine's Day. He recently built a small house with solar panels but now that that project is complete he is ready to tackle something else.
Brooke is our social butterfly. Her social calendar keeps mom's taxi busy. Last weekend she attended a youth retreat for church and in the next few weeks she'll be attending a Beta convention as well as several Student Council functions. She still misses her friends and our church in Raleigh but it has helped that she has such wonderful friends here as well as dance and youth group to keep her busy.
Well, that is about it for the Wusterbunch. Busy? Yes! Happy? You bet! Here are a few photos from the last several weeks. Enjoy.