Home sweet home! · September 05, 2009

We arrived home around 7:00 pm on Thursday, September 3rd (which was 8:00 am on Friday, September 4th in China).  We had been up for well over 24 hours but we were so excited to see the kids!  They greeted us at the end of the driveway and I have to tell brought tears to my eyes!  Bailey wasn't sure what to make of the fuss being made over her but she handled it well.  She was not to fond of the dogs (and still isn't) but she will grow to love them with time. 

The kids were anxious to see what we had brought them so we opened up the luggage and handed out their surprises.  Afterwards we walked Bailey around the downstairs and showed her her room.  All three kids wanted to sit next to her at dinner but the girls won after Baker decided it really wasn't worth the effort to argue with Brooke and Brea.  Bailey enjoyed her first good old fashioned American meal and seemed to enjoy it.  Brea was anxious to put on their matching pjs so after dinner we did just that.  The little girls played nicely together and Bailey began to talk to Brea in Chinese.  Brea only knows what little Chinese we have taught her so she is by no means fluent but they seemed to be able to communicate with no problem.  Bedtime was a little rough and we are starting to see some grieving which is actually a good sign.  It means that Bailey was well bonded to her foster mother and has the capability to bond to us.  She called out for her "mama" several times during the night and trust wasn't me that she was looking for.  When I would hold her and rock her she would cry quietly and call for her foster mother but she was willing to let me comfort her.  Only time will heal the heartache that she is feeling right now but as long as it takes to heal we will be here to hold her and help her through it and somehow I think she understands that.

Today we made a quick trip to the pediatrician.  Bailey was pulling on her ear so I was pretty sure she had an ear infection but much to my surprise, she didn't!  The doctor found a large build up of wax and after some ear drops and several washings a large "plug" of wax came out.  I know she must feel better!

I will add photos later today but I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that we are home AND to thank each and every one of you who prayed for us.  We are so blessed to have each of you in our lives and tonight as I sit here typing this update I can't help but feel like the most blessed woman alive.  If  sticky kisses, bear hugs, smiles and laughter held monetary value we would surely be considered among the wealthiest of all people. 

Good night from Prairieville, LA from the Wusterbarth family of six!