A Stroke? · October 09, 2007
It has been a LONG day for our family. Brea had an evaluation Tuesday morning with a physical therapist, occupational therapist and speech therapist. During the evaluation we noticed that she was not moving the left side of her face when she smiled. I immediately called the transplant cardiologist and he had us take her to the ER at Duke. They did a CT scan and found NO brain bleeds! Praise God!!! She will be sedated for an MRI first thing in the morning to rule out a stroke. As we all know, high blood pressure can cause strokes and this very well could be the case but we won't know until they read the MRI. One other possibility is that her high blood pressure is cutting off the blood supply to a nerve in her face. There is a medical term for this but I can't remember what they called it. Her blood pressure has been really high today and we are not sure why. They recently changed her blood pressure medicine and it could be that the new one is not working for her. They did do an echocardiogram of her heart this evening and ruled out any blood clots there. Her heart looks great! I guess the real update is that we still do not know anything and won't until we have this MRI and get the results.

Brea has been through so much in her short life but I know that God has a plan for her life and He is in control of this situation. He didn't bring this precious child from the other side of the world and through all that she has been through to not have big plans for her. I have faith in the great physician and I know without a doubt that He hears our prayers. Today has been hard on all of us, especially Brooke and Baker. I can see the fear in their little faces and I can hear the uncertainty in their voices when they ask if their baby sister is going to be ok. I am exhausted both physically and mentally but I know that God will give me the strength I need to get through this. Thank you Lord for being my rock, my foundation and my strength!

PLEASE join us in praying that Brea's MRI goes smoothly in the morning and that the results are negative. Please pray for answers and a resolution to the paralysis in her face and please pray for strength for our family as we wait on those answers. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers.